Over the years I’ve had quite a few vehicles, and to be honest I’m starting to forget which ones I’ve had and in what order. My friend Steve suggested I should make a proper list before my memory gives up entirely, so here it is! It’s still a work in progress for now so bear with me while I finish putting everything in.
Note that I have included cars in here which belonged to my partner but that I drove regularly enough to count in the list – there have been times where I haven’t had a car myself for example, or we’ve shared one – I’ve pointed this out in the description.
- Current totals: 44 vehicles | 5 definitely still alive | 20 definitely dead | 19 missing in action
- Most expensive – BMW 525i (£1000 – it was 13 years old at the time) – note, this only includes cars I’ve bought and not Nic’s wedding cars.
- Highest resale price – Alfa 164 3.0 V6 24v Cloverleaf (£900 in 2013, original cost £500) – again, just my cars are included.
- Newest – Alfa 164 3.0 V6 24v Cloverleaf (1995 – N reg)
- Biggest Engine – 4.2 Straight Six – Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
- Smallest Engine – 998cc 4 cylinder – Mini Mayfair – excluding the motorbike of course, which was 250cc.
- Most Power – Jaguar XJ6 4.0 Sovereign (235bhp but didn’t feel like it, especially with the LPG)
- Fastest – Alfa 164 3.0 V6 24v Cloverleaf (152 mph officially, owners club say 165mph is easily attainable but you’d have to have some kind of deathwish to try it)